USECURIOUS LTD OFFICIAL RULES
Our Site, Usecurious.com, and our App are an online prize draw promotion service which is free to enter. One Prize Draw is held per day where Users have the opportunity to win a Jackpot and/or a Main Prize, and, where Users are unsuccessful in winning either a Jackpot and/or a Main Prize, a Secondary Prize, if made available to Users by Usecurious. The Jackpot and/or number of Main Prizes and Secondary Prizes which will be available to win on any given day will be notified to Users via the App, prior to entering the Prize Draw.
The Site and the App are owned and operated by USECURIOUS LTD, a limited liability company registered in England, with company number 10566041 and with its registered address at 10 Finsbury Square, EC2A 1AF.
These Official Rules are part of our Terms of Service. Capitalised terms which are not defined in this document are defined in the Terms of Service.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. In order to participate in a Prize Draw, you must, on the date of entry, be physically located in and be a resident of:
1. the United Kingdom or The United States;and be 16 years of age or older. Employees, officers and directors of Usecurious, their respective parents, subsidiaries and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings and grandparents) are not eligible.
2. If you do not fulfil the eligibility requirements in clause 1.1 above you may not enter any Prize Draw and any such purported entry will be void.
2. START / END DATES
1. The window for entering a Prize Draw begins each weekday (Monday - Friday) at 09:00:00am UTC and ends at 08:59:00am UTC the following day, during weekends (Saturday and Sunday) the Prize draw starts at 02:00:00pm UTC and ends at 01:59:00pm the following day.
3. HOW TO ENTER
1. Prize Draws can only be entered online. You may do this by:
1. logging into your User account on the App and following the onscreen instructions (this will usually involve answering a simple question); or whereupon you will be entered into the Prize Draw held at 09:30 UTC the following day (Monday - Friday) and 02:30pm UTC on weekends (Saturday - Sunday).
2. There is a limit of five hundred (500) entries per day per person regardless of means of entry. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, accounts, registrations or logins or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. The use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
3. Usecurious is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified.
4. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the company will decide the winner. The “Authorised Account Holder” is the natural person assigned the user ID by an the app.
5. Usecurious reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Prize Draw should any computer virus, malfunction or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Prize Draw. All entries become the property of Usecurious and will not be returned.
4. RANDOM DRAW / ODDS OF WINNING
1. For each Prize Draw, Winners will be chosen automatically and at random. The odds of winning a Prize are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received and the Prizes made available to win on any given day.
2. In respect of a Jackpot, one Winner will be chosen automatically and at random.
3. In respect of a Main Prize a fluctuating number of Winners will be chosen automatically and at random.
4. In respect of Secondary Prizes, a fluctuating number of Winners will be chosen automatically and at random.
1. The Prize fund in respect of the Prize Draw is generated in part through advertising revenue Usecurious receives from advertisers who pay to ask questions displayed to Users on the Service.
2. Subject to any deductions made under clause 7.3 below, any Jackpot or Main Prizes awarded in a currency other than GBP or USD will be based on Usecurious’s reasonable determination of the relevant exchange rate based on market information in the preceding 31 days and is an estimate only, as exchange rates may vary.
3. Prizes are calculated in advance and the number of entries on any given day do not affect the cash value of that day’s Jackpot, Main Prize and/or Secondary Prize.
4. Subject to clause 5.1 above, Usecurious has full discretion to increase the value of Prizes.
1. Subject to any deductions made under clause 7.3 below, the value of each Jackpot will be at least £100 GBP or $100 USD.
7. Main Prizes
1. Subject to any deductions made under clause 7.3 below, the aggregate value of the Main Prizes and the Jackpot will be at least $100 USD or £100 GBP depending on country.
2. Subject to clause 5.6, Usecurious reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the number of Main Prizes made available to win by Users.
8. Secondary Prizes
1. The number of Secondary Prizes made available to win by Users will be listed and notified to Users on the day of the Prize Draw concerned, via the App, and prior to any User choosing to enter the Prize Draw. Usecurious reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the value and number of Secondary Prizes made available to win by Users.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION
1. Winners who entered the Prize Draw via the App will be notified of their Prize (whether a Jackpot, Main Prize or a Secondary Prize as applicable) through the App within twenty four (24) hours.
2. It is your responsibility if you entered the Prize draw via the App to login to the App, check whether you have won a Prize, and claim the Prize, by 09:30:00am UTC the following day during weekdays (Monday - Friday) and 02:30:00pm UTC on weekends (Saturday and Sunday). Usecurious cannot and will not be held responsible for a prize notification failing to reach you, but to minimise the chance of this, please make sure that we are added to your email address book and that you have enabled the App to send push notifications.
10. WINNER REQUIREMENTS AND PAYMENT
1. Prizes are not paid automatically. To claim their Prize, Winners must log on to the Usecurious App and follow the instructions shown on screen. Winners must claim their Prizes in accordance with clauses 7.3.4 and 7.3.5 respectively. Once a Winner has claimed a Prize it will be paid within 30 days (subject to the rest of these Official Rules).
2. If you win a Prize (either a Jackpot, a Main Prize or a Secondary Prize as applicable), you may need to produce evidence to Usecurious to demonstrate that you are the Authorised Account Holder and that your identity matches the Registration Data.
3. By entering into a Prize Draw you agree that, if you win:
1. any Prize you win may be paid to you in GBP or a currency of Usecurious’s choosing. If Usecurious elects to use a currency other than GBP, Usecurious will use mid-market exchange rates calculated as at the date of transfer;
2. any Prize you win may be paid to you by cheque, via bank transfer to an account held in your name, through a third-party mobile payment system, or to your email address through a third-party online payment system. You will be given the opportunity to provide us with payment details (if necessary) and you are responsible for ensuring that these are accurate. The payment details you give us must match your Registration Data;
3. any transfer or handling fees or other charges incurred in paying your Prize may be deducted from your Prize (and you may be responsible for reimbursing Usecurious for these);
4. in relation to Jackpots only, if you do not claim your Prize and finalise the arrangements for payment by 17:59 UTC on the day of the relevant Prize Draw, the Prize will be removed.
5. in relation to Main Prizes and Secondary Prizes only, if you do not claim your Prize and finalise the arrangements for payment by 17:59 UTC on the day of the relevant Prize Draw, the Prize will go back to Usecurious, whereupon you will lose all and any claim to it.
4. If, after 30 days of a Prize (whether a Jackpot, a Main Prize or a Secondary Prize, as applicable) being claimed by a Winner, Usecurious has been unable to make successful payment of the Prize to the Winner concerned, for whatever reason (such as the Winner providing inaccurate payment details or not responding to communications from Usecurious), other than due to any act, omission or fault of Usecurious, then the Winner loses all and any rights it may have to claim the Prize.
5. Usecurious will pay Prizes in accordance with these Official Rules but is not responsible for the terms and conditions of any third party payment providers (such as, for example, banks, ‘electronic wallet’ services or other online payment providers).
6. All taxes, including federal, state, and local where applicable, are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
11. ADDITIONAL TERMS / CONDITIONS
1. The entitlement to any Prize may not be transferred or assigned. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of any Prize Draw is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, human error, virus or other technical problems, Usecurious may, in its sole discretion:
1. modify the Prize Draw in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of the Official Rules without suspending it;
2. suspend the Prize Draw to address the impairment and then resume the Prize Draw in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of the Official Rules; or
3. cancel the Prize Draw and award the Prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment.
2. Except where prohibited, participation in any Prize Draw constitutes entrant’s consent for Usecurious and its designees to use entrant’s first and last name, likeness, prize information, city, state, and country of residence, and any comments, testimonials, or other feedback related to any prize or entrant’s Prize Draw experience, whether written or oral, for promotional purposes in any media (including for use on Usecurious’s Winner’s Wall referred to in clause 12, on social media and on any Usecurious website) without further authorisation, notice, or compensation.
3. Usecurious reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Prize Draw or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules from participation in any Prize Draw. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of any part of any Prize Draw may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Usecurious reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Usecurious’s failure to enforce any term of the Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Usecurious-related materials and these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. You understand and agree that the Site, the Service and the Content are provided “as is” and that you use the Site, the Service and the Content at your own risk. You understand that Prizes are awarded randomly and that Usecurious does not guarantee that you will win a Prize. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Usecurious expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. In particular and without limitation to the foregoing, Usecurious does not assume any responsibility for whether or not you win a Prize; the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or non-delivery of information by any means; failure to store any User communications or personalisation settings; restriction or loss of access; any bugs or other errors; unauthorised use due to your sharing of access to the Service; or any malfunction and/or inadequacy of the internet connection or the computer you are using. In addition, Usecurious does not warrant that the Service or any part of it will be uninterrupted or error-free. However, this clause is subject to clause 9.3 below.
2. Without prejudice to clause 9.1 but subject to clause 9.3, you expressly agree that Usecurious shall not be liable for any:
1. loss of profit;
2. loss of goodwill;
3. loss of use;
4. loss of opportunity;
5. loss of data;
6. loss of anticipated savings; (in each case whether direct or indirect), nor
3. for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages (even if Usecurious has been advised of the possibility of such damages),resulting from any matter relating to the Site, the Service or the Content.
4. Usecurious does not restrict its liability for fraud, death or personal injury caused by its negligence, nor any other liability which Usecurious is not permitted to restrict or exclude as a matter of applicable law.
5. In the event that you have a dispute with another User relating to, arising from, or in any way connected with use of the Site or the Service, you release Usecurious from all claims, demands and damages of any kind or nature arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute.
You agree to indemnify and hold Usecurious and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its and their officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any losses, damages, cost, expense (including reasonable legal fees) or other liability, arising out of any claim, demand, allegation or proceeding brought by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your breach of the Official Rules, or your violation of any rights of another person or entity.
The Official Rules and the relationship between you and Usecurious shall be governed by the laws of England without regard to any conflict of law provisions of any jurisdiction. You and Usecurious agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, except that Usecurious may seek injunctive relief in any jurisdiction in order to enforce its rights under the Official Rules.
13. WINNERS WALL
A list of Winners first names only can be obtained by emailing [email protected] or in the app see previous winners
1. Sponsored by USECURIOUS LTD, 10 Finsbury Sqaure, London EC2A 1AF. 2. Neither Apple nor Google is a sponsor of Usecurious or involved in Usecurious’s online prize draw promotion service. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Open to legal residents of the United Kingdom and United States, 18 and older. Void where prohibited. Daily drawing held at 09:30:00 UTC on weekdays (Monday - Friday) and 02:30:00pm UTC on weekends (Saturday and Sunday). Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Approximate retail value of daily prize is £100 GBP or $100 USD. You may only enter through the Usecurious App.
There is no monetary requirement to play with Usecurious. Usecurious does not target or encourage audiences under the age of 18 into gambling. For advice on responsible gambling visit gambleaware.co.uk